Topic: Upcoming Radio Drama From Blastbay Studios

Hi all,

I am currently working on a full cast radio drama, which is being recorded in a professional studio in L.A. It will have original music and sound effects, and will be about an hour long. It is in the science fiction/romance/adventure genre. I was wondering if you all think that something like 13 dollars would be reasonable for such a production if ordered online? I also intend offering it as a CD for a few dollars more, but I was thinking of making the download about 13 bucks. Do you consider this reasonable?

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

2 (edited by Manu 2010-08-24 09:38:55)

Re: Upcoming Radio Drama From Blastbay Studios

$13 it's more than a reasonable price.

Emanuel Boboiu

Agreed. With high-quality music, and I hope sound effects too!

WHen the day comes to a close,
I lay down on my bed, in happy repose;
I think over the events of the day,
And a little bit to myself I say, Well I feel better!

when come this drama?

I'm fatih. I'm very nice this forum!

Hello there,

We actually finished recording it about one hour ago. Now, the engineer is sending me all the raw material so that I can begin post production work. I am aiming for a release date in early November or late October if things go well.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

I say without the romance but whatever.

Hmmm, intriguing. And just because there might be romance doesn't mean it'll be crap. Just about every sci-fi or fantasy novel or film I've come into contact with has had at least some element of romance involved and it doesn't screw up the whole project. Star Wars has the romance between Han Solo and Princess Leia and later Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade. Even Lord of the Rings featured the romance of Aragorn and Arwen. So no, romance doesn't automatically mean corny, especially if it's well-written. And there are others that I could name as well. Belgarion and Ce'Nedra in David Eddings' Belgariad (may Eddings rest in peace).

Focus your powers and prepare for buttle.

true. I'd buy it

nope $ 13 is not reasonable dude !!!
who pays for an immature and newly made drama that much .

[url=http://www.summitridgeapts.net/]east tucson apartments[/url]

Hi Karl,

I respect your opinion, but I don't understand how you can say that it is immature without having heard even a sample. Newly made, yes, but immature? No I would not say so. It has a full cast, was recorded in a professional studio, has a custom soundtrack, and plenty of high quality sound work.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

Whether you meant immature or amateur, Carl, that was quite a hasty and unpolite assumption to make. I've heard samples from the play and I can assure you that it'll impress you if you ever decide to listen to it.
Lukas

Does anyone know when the drama will be released?

Best Regards
Alex

I think, that about $10 online and $12(maybe$12,5 just because it's a nice number...) if you buyit on CD.
What about some previews on the site? People don't know what they are paying for...

Best Regards
Alex

Hi Alex,

Oh there will definitely be a trailer, so that you can hear what the story is all about. I am still working on the editing, which is taking an incredibly long time as I try to pay great attention to every single little detail of the production. I am hoping to have it out in February if all goes well.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

I said it before and I'll say it again. It's definitely intriguing.

Hola. ¿alguien sabe cómo se instala el decodificador de ogg vorbis? se lo agradezco de antemano. UN Abrazo.

Hi Adrian,

Please keep all communication in English on the forum, as far from everyone here understands Spanish.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

I wondered about that.

hi,
if you like, here the translated text by google translater:if you don't want to read it, simply ignore it.
Hello. Does anyone know how to install the ogg vorbis decoder? I thank you in advance. A hug.

best regards,
dhruv.

that's nice. Never heard that radio dramas recording today, too.

---
Nikola Stojšić (NS studios)
Mobile phone: +381665105695

Sorry for bringing back an incredibly old thread, but I'm curious. Did this ever get released? I would deffinitly buy it.

Have a nice day,
Lucas